Flex stops are pre-arranged stops that allow passengers to choose their own pick-up and drop-off locations within three-quarters of a mile of the regular fixed route (from the southern border of Gila Bend to the Desert Sky Transit Center). Flex stops must be safe pick-up and drop-off locations.
Scheduling Flex Stop Service
Flex stop requests are booked on a first-come, first-served basis according to space availability. To schedule pick-up or drop-off service, call (800) 242-9483 or (520) 387-6559. Reservations may be made up to 14 days in advance.
- Call Ajo Transportation by noon of the business day prior to your requested trip.
- Provide the exact address of your pick-up and/or drop-off locations.
- Provide the phone number at the pick-up address or your cell phone number and your home mailing address.
- Indicate if you need assistance boarding or exiting the bus.
- Be at the arranged pick-up location at least ten minutes before the arranged pick-up time. If the bus hasn’t arrived at it’s scheduled time, wait at last ten additional minutes. Once the bus arrives at the location, the driver can only wait up to five minutes.
- Have exact fare ready.
To cancel a flex-stop reservation, contact Ajo Transportation at least two hours before your scheduled pick-up or drop-off time.